We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer
details with any
Bishops Caribbean is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
- Your consent
- What information do we collect and why?
- How we protect your information
- Protecting your security
- Statement on the use of Personal Data
- Access Rights
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Bishops Caribbean, Lees Hall Avenue, Sheffield S8 9JE.Your
ConsentBy using our Website, you understand and agree that personal information you provide through the Website will be held on a database created and operated by us, our group of companies and/or other selected third parties.What
Information do we Collect and Why?When you make a purchase in store or online, sign up to receive information or enter a prize draw/competition, you will be asked for some essential information including your title, first name, surname, postal address, email address, telephone and if applicable payment information. These are collected to help us:
We will also automatically collect data such as dates and times of your visits to the Website.How
we Protect Your InformationWe endeavour to protect your information by:
- Process your online orders including sending order confirmation and delivery information via
- Contact you about your order, account or credit status where required;
- Deliver safe and secure shopping by helping to prevent and detect fraud. We may need to disclose
information to assist legal or debt recovery processes;
- Speed up your form filling processes if you've registered online;
- Understand your needs and listen to your feedback via market research/shopping analysis, customer
polls and surveys;
- Enhance your shopping experience by delivering a more personally tailored offer;
- Respond to any issues or queries via the customer service advisor teams; and/or
- Notify you about changes to our service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and/or through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.Protecting
Your SecurityTo ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to these checks being made.
- Encrypting your personal information. When you place an order or access your account
information, your information will be sent through to us. A secure server encrypts all of the
information you input before it is sent to us. This protects your confidential data, particularly
your credit card details from unauthorised use;
- Keeping your information up-to-date and accurate. Please note that, to do this, we require you to
tell us if any of your details such as your name or address change; and
- Having in place strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of your information to
prevent unauthorised access.
In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Act.Statement
on the use and Disclosure of Personal DataWe may send you by SMS, email or post, details on offers, products, reminders and services which may be of interest to you. We may also telephone you to discuss order details or for market or service research.We may also permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and they may contact you about these by post or telephone. They may also contact you by email or SMS where you have consented to receiving such communications.We may monitor or record telephone calls to ensure our quality standards are maintained and for fraud prevention purposes.We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Bishops Caribbean team (our group companies and our charity), and also to affiliated companies and other selected third parties for the purposes described above.We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
RightsYou have a right to access the personal data about you that is held by us. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at the following address: Bishops Caribbean, Lees Hall Avenue, Norton Lees, Sheffield S8 9JE enclosing your postal details and a cheque for £10 payable to Bishops Caribbean to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.Changes
- To process your online orders, including sending order confirmation and delivery information by
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal
data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Bishops Caribbean or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case
personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal
obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or agreements or
contracts between us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bishops Caribbean, our
customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations
for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and our internal investigations
including customer complaints and claims.